Blog Archive

Thursday, August 30, 2012

When is the last time you have had a "Me Time" for you?

Day 30

Today, after an exciting visit to a clinic, I made a decision to have some "me time" in the evening and go walking after a meal. Truth be told, I have not done brisk walking in a while, and I could see myself struggle a little after very little exploring. The walk was pretty relaxing and I got time to actually enjoy the scenery, full moon, and some awesome breeze. I was liking this concept of "Me time", where I spend this time walking in great companionship and at the same time my body was thanking me for good exercise.

So here is my question: When is the last time you have had a "Me Time" for you?

In our busy lifestyle, we run to home, school, college, work, children, homework, errands, social gatherings, happy hours, etc but when do you actually spend some time for you? Without taking time out for you, you become an automated working-clock. With advanced technologies, smartphones, social networking website, etc the minds of the people are always inquisitive and busy. The rushes in life depicts signs of pattern and behavior. Is having time just dedicated for you with no interference real hard to find?

Has the concept of me time refocused towards group activities? Is this the reason, people join group activities like weight watchers, zumba dancing, and many more where you will be forced to participate and be more successful?

Intellectual and Psychological studies have indicated that people who spend some time of day with "Me Time" have great success outlets. This time channels to let out your frustrations, problems, etc and focus on doing things that brings happiness and passion back to you.

"Spending sometime for yourself on daily basis makes sure that you don't get lost in transition."

~Lenji Jacob

No comments: