Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Have you ever had steamed crabs?



Day 57

Are you ready for some Crab Feasting?
Every country or every state has a minimum of one unique food item that every traveler must try. The state of Maryland is well known for their Maryland Crabs. As a local resident of the State of Maryland, I am guilty of enjoying the crab feasting moments with my friends and family. My friends and I would dedicate a day to camp out at a restaurant providing us the option of “All you can eat crabs.” We follow this ritual of crab feasting every two to three weeks in a month. Steamed crabs, Old Bay, Beer, and Friends is an excellent remedy to heal from a stressful work week. It is ironic that before the steamed crabs come to the table all the friends are loud and talking but as soon as the crabs approach the table then there is a great silence. The only noise you hear is the noise of the cracking crabs.

So here is my question: Have you ever had steamed crabs?

I am not sure if I would recommend steamed crabs on a first date because it is very hands on. The technique of eating steam crabs is unique and if you are not careful when picking the crab you can injure your fingers. I guess when I am eating steamed crabs with my friends, it is the only time I don’t mind much about the whole community eating theory. To a point all my friends are in sync with each other with breaking the crab claws, and picking the crabs.

As little the crabs are, the crab meat is quickly filling. If you ever wonder why the crab meats are expensive, try picking some steamed crabs. But regardless of the labor involved, every bite of the crab meat makes the whole process worth the effort. Eating crabs has always provoked the happy moments with friends, so the warmth owes itself to both the crabs and longing

“If you are in Maryland and missed the Maryland crabs, you have missed everything.”

~Lenji Jacob
 


Reference

Picture: http://www.imperialscatering.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/crab.7754921_std.png

No comments: