Blog Archive

Friday, October 5, 2012

Do you have a support system that help you in times of a challenge?


Support System


Day 66

Today I decided to enter a new mission to sign up for start working out on regular basis. After living a lazy lifestyle getting back on top of the treadmills, lifting weights was a challenge. The feeling of anger rose within me for not paying attention to my health and letting myself get obese. Luckily for me I have a great support system to enter this challenge.

So here is my question: Do you have a support system that helps you in times of a challenge?

With an excellent support system the option of quitting becomes obsolete. Is this the reason most of the therapies or rehabs are in group sessions creating a support system? What is the ratio of success for accomplishing a challenge individually versus group session?

Is it necessary that your support has a stronger personality than you? Should the support system require group of humans attempting to achieve the same goals? How long does a human need a support system before they can become independent? Does support system create a sense of dependency?

If a support system creates a sense of dependency do you need another support system to break free? Is the concept of the support system a lifelong commitment? Sometimes the presence of another human creates a boosting environment.

"My support system paradigms a bridge that helps me cross the sea of barriers"


~Lenji Jacob

Reference
  1. Picture: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyzP6jD_plqb6nrYXgqCJF0SVwHDi_TC1zj6sRnCy1kJqsghVeDA

No comments: